Bus Driver Job Vacancy
Gifford Grade School is in need of full time Bus Drivers immediately. The hours are from 6:45-8:00 am and 2:45-4:00 pm every school day. Pay for routes are negotiated between the IEA union and the Board of Education. The pay scale for the 2018-19 school year is $39.19 per route and for year 2019-20 the pay will be $39.95. If a driver has a morning and afternoon route the total pay is $78.38 per day. Extra curricular driving trips pay $13 per hour. There are special routes that are paid at a ¼ or ½ route pay.
The process to become a bus driver consists of the following:
- Be approved for hire by a school district
- Attend an 8 hour training class
- Fingerprinted by the Illinois State Police
- Pass a physical/drug screen through Occupational Medicine
- Pass a written CDL exam, a passenger exam, and a school bus passenger exam through the Department of Transportation.
- Practice driving a school bus
- Pass a driving skills test through DOT
If this is something you may be interested in please contact the school and talk to Mr. Smith or Mr. Grimsley at 568-7733.
- Application Deadline: 12/31/2018
- Start Date: 8/1/2019
- How to Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and three letters of reference to: Dr. Jay P. Smith, Principal, 406 S. Main, Gifford, IL 61847 or email@example.com
- Type of Employment: Full time permanent
- Job Category: Elementary K-9
- Grade Level: Jr. High Middle School
- Salary/Benefits: Salary and benefits are based upon education and experience as outlined in the union contract.
- Duties: Instruct Math, Language Arts and Social Studies to students in grades six through eight.
- Qualifications: ISBE Certification
- Additional Notes: The position also has multiple coaching vacancies if interested in coaching.